Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: balancing(0.01254 detik)
Found 4 items, similar to balancing.
English → Indonesian (Kamus Landak)
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n : getting two things to correspond; “the reconciliation of his
checkbook and the bank statement” [syn: reconciliation]
English → English (gcide)
Balance \Bal"ance\ (b[a^]l"ans), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Balanced
(b[a^]l"anst); p. pr. & vb. n. Balancing
(b[a^]l"an*s[i^]ng).] [From Balance, n.: cf. F. balancer.]
1. To bring to an equipoise, as the scales of a balance by
adjusting the weights; to weigh in a balance.
2. To support on a narrow base, so as to keep from falling;
as, to balance a plate on the end of a cane; to balance
one's self on a tight rope.
3. To equal in number, weight, force, or proportion; to
counterpoise, counterbalance, counteract, or neutralize.
One expression . . . must check and balance another.
4. To compare in relative force, importance, value, etc.; to
Balance the good and evil of things. --L'Estrange.
5. To settle and adjust, as an account; to make two accounts
equal by paying the difference between them.
I am very well satisfied that it is not in my power
to balance accounts with my Maker. --Addison.
6. To make the sums of the debits and credits of an account
equal; -- said of an item; as, this payment, or credit,
balances the account.
7. To arrange accounts in such a way that the sum total of
the debits is equal to the sum total of the credits; as,
to balance a set of books.
8. (Dancing) To move toward, and then back from,
reciprocally; as, to balance partners.
9. (Naut.) To contract, as a sail, into a narrower compass;
as, to balance the boom mainsail.
Balanced valve. See Balance valve, under Balance, n.
Syn: To poise; weigh; adjust; counteract; neutralize;