Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: await(0.00975 detik)
Found 4 items, similar to await.
English → Indonesian (Kamus Landak)
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
v : look forward to the probable occurrence of; “We were
expecting a visit from our relatives”; “She is looking to
a promotion”; “he is waiting to be drafted” [syn: expect,
English → English (gcide)
Await \A*wait"\, v. i.
1. To watch. [Obs.] --Chaucer.
2. To wait (on or upon). [Obs.]
3. To wait; to stay in waiting. --Darwin.
Await \A*wait"\, n.
A waiting for; ambush; watch; watching; heed. [Obs.]
Await \A*wait"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Awaited; p. pr. & vb. n.
Awaiting.] [OF. awaitier, agaitier; ? (L. ad) + waitier,
gaitier to watch, F. guetter. See Wait.]
1. To watch for; to look out for. [Obs.]
2. To wait on, serve, or attend. [Obs.]
3. To wait for; to stay for; to expect. See Expect.
Betwixt these rocky pillars Gabriel sat,
Chief of the angelic guards, awaiting night.
4. To be in store for; to be ready or in waiting for; as, a
glorious reward awaits the good.
O Eve, some farther change awaits us night.