Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: avoidance(0.01157 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to avoidance.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n : deliberately avoiding; keeping away from or preventing from
happening [syn: turning away, shunning, dodging]
English → English (gcide)
Avoidance \A*void"ance\, n.
1. The act of annulling; annulment.
2. The act of becoming vacant, or the state of being vacant;
-- specifically used for the state of a benefice becoming
void by the death, deprivation, or resignation of the
Wolsey, . . . on every avoidance of St. Peter's
chair, was sitting down therein, when suddenly some
one or other clapped in before him. --Fuller.
3. A dismissing or a quitting; removal; withdrawal.
4. The act of avoiding or shunning; keeping clear of. “The
avoidance of pain.” --Beattie.
5. The courts by which anything is carried off.
Avoidances and drainings of water. --Bacon.