Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: augmentation(0.01175 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to augmentation.
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: the amount by which something increases
2: the statement of a theme in notes of greater duration
(usually twice the length of the original) [ant: diminution]
3: the act of augmenting
English → English (gcide)
Augmentation \Aug`men*ta"tion\, n. [LL. augmentatio: cf. F.
1. The act or process of augmenting, or making larger, by
addition, expansion, or dilation; increase.
2. The state of being augmented; enlargement.
3. The thing added by way of enlargement.
4. (Her.) A additional charge to a coat of arms, given as a
mark of honor. --Cussans.
5. (Med.) The stage of a disease in which the symptoms go on
6. (Mus.) In counterpoint and fugue, a repetition of the
subject in tones of twice the original length.
Augmentation court (Eng. Hist.), a court erected by Stat.
27 Hen. VIII., to augment the revenues of the crown by the
suppression of monasteries. It was long ago dissolved.
Syn: Increase; enlargement; growth; extension; accession;