Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: ambuscade(0.01350 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to ambuscade.
English → English (WordNet)
n : the act of concealing yourself and lying in wait to attack
by surprise [syn: ambush, lying in wait, trap]
v : wait in hiding to attack [syn: ambush, scupper, bushwhack,
waylay, lurk, lie in wait]
English → English (gcide)
Ambuscade \Am`bus*cade"\, n. [F. embuscade, fr. It. imboscata,
or Sp. emboscada, fr. emboscar to ambush, fr. LL. imboscare.
See Ambush, v. t.]
1. A lying in a wood, concealed, for the purpose of attacking
an enemy by surprise. Hence: A lying in wait, and
concealed in any situation, for a like purpose; a snare
laid for an enemy; an ambush.
2. A place in which troops lie hid, to attack an enemy
unexpectedly. [R.] --Dryden.
3. (Mil.) The body of troops lying in ambush.
Ambuscade \Am`bus*cade"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Ambuscaded; p.
pr. & vb. n. Ambuscading.]
1. To post or conceal in ambush; to ambush.
2. To lie in wait for, or to attack from a covert or lurking
place; to waylay.
Ambuscade \Am`bus*cade"\, v. i.
To lie in ambush.