Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: alley(0.01502 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to alley.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: a narrow street with walls on both sides [syn: alleyway, back street
2: a lane down which a bowling ball is rolled toward pins [syn:
bowling alley, skittle alley]
English → English (gcide)
Alley \Al"ley\, n.; pl. Alleys. [OE. aley, alley, OF. al['e]e,
F. all['e]e, a going, passage, fr. OE. aler, F. aller, to go;
of uncertain origin: cf. Prov. anar, It. andare, Sp. andar.]
1. A narrow passage; especially a walk or passage in a garden
or park, bordered by rows of trees or bushes; a bordered
I know each lane and every alley green. --Milton.
2. A narrow passage or way in a city, as distinct from a
public street. --Gay.
3. A passageway between rows of pews in a church.
4. (Persp.) Any passage having the entrance represented as
wider than the exit, so as to give the appearance of
5. The space between two rows of compositors' stands in a
Alley \Al"ley\, n.; pl. Alleys. [A contraction of alabaster,
of which it was originally made.]
A choice taw or marble. --Dickens.