Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: aggravating(0.01082 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to aggravating.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
adj : making worse [syn: exacerbating, exasperating]
English → English (gcide)
Aggravate \Ag"gra*vate\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Aggravated; p.
pr. & vb. n. Aggravating.] [L. aggravatus, p. p. of
aggravare. See Aggrieve.]
1. To make heavy or heavier; to add to; to increase. [Obs.]
“To aggravate thy store.” --Shak.
2. To make worse, or more severe; to render less tolerable or
less excusable; to make more offensive; to enhance; to
intensify. “To aggravate my woes.” --Pope.
To aggravate the horrors of the scene. --Prescott.
The defense made by the prisoner's counsel did
rather aggravate than extenuate his crime.
3. To give coloring to in description; to exaggerate; as, to
aggravate circumstances. --Paley.
4. To exasperate; to provoke; to irritate. [Colloq.]
If both were to aggravate her parents, as my brother
and sister do mine. --Richardson
Syn: To heighten; intensify; increase; magnify; exaggerate;
provoke; irritate; exasperate.
Aggravating \Ag"gra*va`ting\, a.
1. Making worse or more heinous; as, aggravating
2. Exasperating; provoking; irritating. [Colloq.]
A thing at once ridiculous and aggravating. --J.