Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: affirmative(0.01294 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to affirmative.
English → English (WordNet)
adj 1: affirming or giving assent; “an affirmative decision”;
“affirmative votes”; “an affirmative nod”; “an
affirmatory gesture” [syn: affirmatory] [ant: negative]
2: expecting the best; “an affirmative outlook” [syn: optimistic]
3: supporting a policy or attitude etc; “an affirmative
argument” [syn: favoring]
n : a reply of affirmation; “he answered in the affirmative”
English → English (gcide)
Affirmative \Af*firm"a*tive\, a. [L. affirmativus: cf. F.
1. Confirmative; ratifying; as, an act affirmative of common
2. That affirms; asserting that the fact is so; declaratory
of what exists; answering “yes” to a question; --
opposed to negative; as, an affirmative answer; an
3. Positive; dogmatic. [Obs.] --J. Taylor.
Lysicles was a little by the affirmative air of
4. (logic) Expressing the agreement of the two terms of a
5. (Alg.) Positive; -- a term applied to quantities which are
to be added, and opposed to negative, or such as are to
Affirmative \Af*firm"a*tive\, n.
1. That which affirms as opposed to that which denies; an
affirmative proposition; that side of question which
affirms or maintains the proposition stated; -- opposed to
negative; as, there were forty votes in the affirmative,
and ten in the negative.
Whether there are such beings or not, 't is
sufficient for my purpose that many have believed
the affirmative. --Dryden.
2. A word or phrase expressing affirmation or assent; as,
yes, that is so, etc.