Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: adhesion(0.01204 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to adhesion.
English → Indonesian (quick)
adhesi, pelekatan, perlengketan
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: abnormal union of bodily tissues; most common in the abdomen
2: a fibrous band of scar tissue that binds together normally
separate anatomical structures
3: the property of sticking together (as of glue and wood) or
the joining of surfaces of different composition [syn: adhesiveness,
4: faithful support for a religion or cause or political party
[syn: attachment, adherence]
English → English (gcide)
Adhesion \Ad*he"sion\, n. [L. adhaesio, fr. adhaerere: cf. F.
1. The action of sticking; the state of being attached;
intimate union; as, the adhesion of glue, or of parts
united by growth, cement, or the like.
2. Adherence; steady or firm attachment; fidelity; as,
adhesion to error, to a policy.
His adhesion to the Tories was bounded by his
approbation of their foreign policy. --De Quincey.
3. Agreement to adhere; concurrence; assent.
To that treaty Spain and England gave in their
4. (Physics) The molecular attraction exerted between bodies
in contact. See Cohesion.
5. (Med.) Union of surface, normally separate, by the
formation of new tissue resulting from an inflammatory
6. (Bot.) The union of parts which are separate in other
plants, or in younger states of the same plant.
Syn: Adherence; union. See Adherence.