Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: absolution(0.01188 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to absolution.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: the condition of being formally forgiven by a priest in the
sacrament of penance
2: the act of absolving or remitting; formal redemption as
pronounced by a priest in the sacrament of penance [syn: remission,
remittal, remission of sin]
English → English (gcide)
Absolution \Ab`so*lu"tion\, n. [F. absolution, L. absolutio, fr.
absolvere to absolve. See Absolve.]
1. An absolving, or setting free from guilt, sin, or penalty;
forgiveness of an offense. “Government . . . granting
absolution to the nation.” --Froude.
2. (Civil Law) An acquittal, or sentence of a judge declaring
and accused person innocent. [Obs.]
3. (R. C. Ch.) The exercise of priestly jurisdiction in the
sacrament of penance, by which Catholics believe the sins
of the truly penitent are forgiven.
Note: In the English and other Protestant churches, this act
regarded as simply declaratory, not as imparting
4. (Eccl.) An absolving from ecclesiastical penalties, -- for
example, excommunication. --P. Cyc.
5. The form of words by which a penitent is absolved.
6. Delivery, in speech. [Obs.] --B. Jonson.
Absolution day (R. C. Ch.), Tuesday before Easter.