Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: What cheer(0.01038 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to What cheer.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: What cheer
Cheer \Cheer\ (ch[=e]r), n. [OE. chere face, welcome, cheer, OF.
chiere, F. ch[`e]re, fr. LL. cara face, Gr. ka`ra head; akin
to Skr. [,c]iras, L. cerebrum brain, G. hirn, and E.
1. The face; the countenance or its expression. [Obs.]
“Sweat of thy cheer.” --Wyclif.
2. Feeling; spirit; state of mind or heart.
Be of good cheer. --Matt. ix. 2.
The parents . . . fled away with heavy cheer.
3. Gayety; mirth; cheerfulness; animation.
I have not that alacrity of spirit,
Nor cheer of mind, that I was wont to have. --Shak.
1. That which promotes good spirits or cheerfulness;
provisions prepared for a feast; entertainment; as, a
table loaded with good cheer.
5. A shout, hurrah, or acclamation, expressing joy
enthusiasm, applause, favor, etc.
Welcome her, thundering cheer of the street.
What cheer? How do you fare? What is there that is