Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Weathered(0.00937 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Weathered.
English → Indonesian (quick)
cuaca, melapuk, melebihi, menahan
English → English (WordNet)
adj : worn by exposure to the weather; “a house of weathered
shingles” [syn: weather-beaten, weatherworn]
English → English (gcide)
Weather \Weath"er\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Weathered; p. pr. &
vb. n. Weathering.]
1. To expose to the air; to air; to season by exposure to
[An eagle] soaring through his wide empire of the
To weather his broad sails. --Spenser.
This gear lacks weathering. --Latimer.
2. Hence, to sustain the trying effect of; to bear up against
and overcome; to sustain; to endure; to resist; as, to
weather the storm.
For I can weather the roughest gale. --Longfellow.
You will weather the difficulties yet. --F. W.
3. (Naut.) To sail or pass to the windward of; as, to weather
a cape; to weather another ship.
4. (Falconry) To place (a hawk) unhooded in the open air.
To weather a point.
(a) (Naut.) To pass a point of land, leaving it on the lee
(b) Hence, to gain or accomplish anything against
To weather out, to encounter successfully, though with
difficulty; as, to weather out a storm.
Weathered \Weath"ered\, a.
1. (Arch.) Made sloping, so as to throw off water; as, a
weathered cornice or window sill.
2. (Geol.) Having the surface altered in color, texture, or
composition, or the edges rounded off by exposure to the