Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Warp frame(0.01118 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Warp frame.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Warp frame
Warp \Warp\, n. [AS. wearp; akin to Icel. varp a casting,
throwing, Sw. varp the draught of a net, Dan. varp a towline,
OHG. warf warp, G. werft. See Warp, v.]
1. (Weaving) The threads which are extended lengthwise in the
loom, and crossed by the woof.
2. (Naut.) A rope used in hauling or moving a vessel, usually
with one end attached to an anchor, a post, or other fixed
object; a towing line; a warping hawser.
3. (Agric.) A slimy substance deposited on land by tides,
etc., by which a rich alluvial soil is formed. --Lyell.
4. A premature casting of young; -- said of cattle, sheep,
etc. [Prov. Eng.]
5. Four; esp., four herrings; a cast. See Cast, n., 17.
[Prov. Eng.] --Wright.
6. [From Warp, v.] The state of being warped or twisted;
as, the warp of a board.
Warp beam, the roller on which the warp is wound in a loom.
Warp fabric, fabric produced by warp knitting.
Warp frame, or Warp-net frame, a machine for making warp
lace having a number of needles and employing a thread for
Warp knitting, a kind of knitting in which a number of
threads are interchained each with one or more contiguous
threads on either side; -- also called warp weaving.
Warp lace, or Warp net, lace having a warp crossed by