Found 3 items, similar to Vein.
English → Indonesian
barik-barik, nadi, urat, urat darah halus
English → English
v : make a veinlike pattern
n 1: a blood vessel that carries blood from the capillaries
toward the heart; all veins except the pulmonary carry
unaerated blood [syn: vena
, venous blood vessel
2: a distinctive style or manner; “he continued in this vein
for several minutes”
3: any of the vascular bundles or ribs that form the branching
framework of conducting and supporting tissues in a leaf
or other plant organ [syn: nervure
4: a layer of ore between layers of rock [syn: mineral vein
5: one of the horny ribs that stiffen and support the wing of
an insect [syn: nervure
English → English
, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Veined
; p. pr. & vb. n.
To form or mark with veins; to fill or cover with veins.
, n. [OE. veine, F. veine, L. vena.]
1. (Anat.) One of the vessels which carry blood, either
venous or arterial, to the heart. See Artery
2. (Bot.) One of the similar branches of the framework of a
3. (Zo["o]l.) One of the ribs or nervures of the wings of
insects. See Venation
4. (Geol. or Mining) A narrow mass of rock intersecting other
rocks, and filling inclined or vertical fissures not
corresponding with the stratification; a lode; a dike; --
often limited, in the language of miners, to a mineral
vein or lode, that is, to a vein which contains useful
minerals or ores.
5. A fissure, cleft, or cavity, as in the earth or other
substance. “Down to the veins of earth.”
Let the glass of the prisms be free from veins.
6. A streak or wave of different color, appearing in wood,
and in marble and other stones; variegation.
7. A train of association, thoughts, emotions, or the like; a
current; a course.
He can open a vein of true and noble thinking.
8. Peculiar temper or temperament; tendency or turn of mind;
a particular disposition or cast of genius; humor; strain;
quality; also, manner of speech or action; as, a rich vein
of humor; a satirical vein. --Shak.
Certain discoursing wits which are of the same
Invoke the Muses, and improve my vein. --Waller.