Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Up to the hub(0.01027 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Up to the hub.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Up to the hub
Hub \Hub\ (h[u^]b), n. [See 1st Hob.]
1. The central part, usually cylindrical, of a wheel; the
nave. See Illust. of Axle box.
2. The hilt of a weapon. --Halliwell.
3. A rough protuberance or projecting obstruction; as, a hub
in the road. [U.S.] See Hubby.
4. A goal or mark at which quoits, etc., are cast.
5. (Diesinking) A hardened, engraved steel punch for
impressing a device upon a die, used in coining, etc.
6. A screw hob. See Hob, 3.
7. A block for scotching a wheel.
8. The central location within which activities tend to
concentrate, or from which activities radiate outward; a
focus of activity.
9. Hence: (Aeronautics) A large airport used as a central
transfer station for an airline, permitting economic air
transportation between remote locations by directing
travellers through the hub, often changing planes at the
hub, and thus keeping the seat occupancy rate on the
airplanes high. The hub together with the feeder lines
from remote locations constitute the so-called
hub and spoke system of commercial air passenger
transportation. A commercial airline may have more than
one such hub.
10. The city of Boston, Massachusetts referred to locally by
the nickname The Hub.
Hub plank (Highway Bridges), a horizontal guard plank along
a truss at the height of a wagon-wheel hub.
Up to the hub, as far as possible in embarrassment or
difficulty, or in business, like a wheel sunk in mire;
deeply involved. [Colloq.]