Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Under bare poles(0.01078 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Under bare poles.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Under bare poles
Bare \Bare\ (b[^a]r), a. [OE. bar, bare, AS. b[ae]r; akin to D.
& G. baar, OHG. par, Icel. berr, Sw. & Dan. bar, Oslav.
bos[u^] barefoot, Lith. basas; cf. Skr. bh[=a]s to shine.
1. Without clothes or covering; stripped of the usual
covering; naked; as, his body is bare; the trees are bare.
2. With head uncovered; bareheaded.
When once thy foot enters the church, be bare.
3. Without anything to cover up or conceal one's thoughts or
actions; open to view; exposed.
Bare in thy guilt, how foul must thou appear !
4. Plain; simple; unadorned; without polish; bald; meager.
“Uttering bare truth.” --Shak.
5. Destitute; indigent; empty; unfurnished or scantily
furnished; -- used with of (rarely with in) before the
thing wanting or taken away; as, a room bare of furniture.
“A bare treasury.” --Dryden.
6. Threadbare; much worn.
It appears by their bare liveries that they live by
your bare words. --Shak.
7. Mere; alone; unaccompanied by anything else; as, a bare
majority. “The bare necessaries of life.” --Addison.
Nor are men prevailed upon by bare words. --South.
Under bare poles (Naut.), having no sail set.