Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Tunic(0.02642 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Tunic.
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: an enveloping or covering membrane or layer of body tissue
[syn: tunica, adventitia]
2: any of a variety of loose fitting cloaks extending to the
hips or knees
English → English (gcide)
Tunic \Tu"nic\, n. [L. tunica: cf. F. tunique.]
1. (Rom. Antiq.) An under-garment worn by the ancient Romans
of both sexes. It was made with or without sleeves,
reached to or below the knees, and was confined at the
waist by a girdle.
2. Any similar garment worm by ancient or Oriental peoples;
also, a common name for various styles of loose-fitting
under-garments and over-garments worn in modern times by
Europeans and others.
3. (R. C. Ch.) Same as Tunicle.
4. (Anat.) A membrane, or layer of tissue, especially when
enveloping an organ or part, as the eye.
5. (Bot.) A natural covering; an integument; as, the tunic of
6. (Zo["o]l.) See Mantle, n., 3