Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Top-dressing (0.01008 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Top-dressing.
English → English
, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Top-dressed
pr. & vb. n. Top-dressing
To apply a surface dressing of manureto,as land.
The act of applying a dressing of manure to the surface of
land; also, manure so applied.
1. Dress; raiment; especially, ornamental habiliment or
attire. --B. Jonson.
2. (Surg.) An application (a remedy, bandage, etc.) to cover
a sore or wound. --Wiseman.
3. Manure or compost over land. When it remains on the
surface, it is called a top-dressing.
(a) A preparation, such as a sauce, to flavor food for
eating; a condiment; as, a dressing for salad.
(b) The stuffing of fowls, pigs, etc.; forcemeat.
5. Gum, starch, and the like, used in stiffening or finishing
silk, linen, and other fabrics.
6. An ornamental finish, as a molding around doors, windows,
or on a ceiling, etc.
7. Castigation; scolding; -- often with down. [Colloq.]
, a case of toilet utensils.
, a variety of forceps, shaped like a pair
of scissors, used in dressing wounds.
, a light gown, such as is used by a person
while dressing; a study gown.
, an apartment appropriated for making one's
, manure or compost spread over land and not
worked into the soil.