Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To watch over (0.00845 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To watch over.
English → English
Definition: To watch over
, v. i. [Cf. AS. w[oe]ccan, wacian. [root]134. See
, n., Wake
, v. i. ]
1. To be awake; to be or continue without sleep; to wake; to
I have two nights watched with you. --Shak.
Couldest thou not watch one hour ? --Mark xiv.
2. To be attentive or vigilant; to give heed; to be on the
lookout; to keep guard; to act as sentinel.
Take ye heed, watch and pray. --Mark xiii.
The Son gave signal high
To the bright minister that watched. --Milton.
3. To be expectant; to look with expectation; to wait; to
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that
watch for the morning. --Ps. cxxx. 6.
4. To remain awake with any one as nurse or attendant; to
attend on the sick during the night; as, to watch with a
man in a fever.
5. (Naut.) To serve the purpose of a watchman by floating
properly in its place; -- said of a buoy.
To watch over
, to be cautiously observant of; to inspect,
superintend, and guard.