Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To take keep(0.00959 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To take keep.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: To take keep
Keep \Keep\, n.
1. The act or office of keeping; custody; guard; care; heed;
Pan, thou god of shepherds all,
Which of our tender lambkins takest keep. --Spenser.
2. The state of being kept; hence, the resulting condition;
case; as, to be in good keep.
3. The means or provisions by which one is kept; maintenance;
support; as, the keep of a horse.
Grass equal to the keep of seven cows. --Carlyle.
I performed some services to the college in return
for my keep. --T. Hughes.
4. That which keeps or protects; a stronghold; a fortress; a
castle; specifically, the strongest and securest part of a
castle, often used as a place of residence by the lord of
the castle, especially during a siege; the dungeon. See
Illust. of Castle.
The prison strong,
Within whose keep the captive knights were laid.
The lower chambers of those gloomy keeps. --Hallam.
I think . . . the keep, or principal part of a
castle, was so called because the lord and his
domestic circle kept, abode, or lived there. --M. A.
5. That which is kept in charge; a charge. [Obs.]
Often he used of his keep
A sacrifice to bring. --Spenser.
6. (Mach.) A cap for retaining anything, as a journal box, in
To take keep, to take care; to heed. [Obs.] --Chaucer.