Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To stand trial (0.00938 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To stand trial.
English → English
Definition: To stand trial
(st[a^]nd), v. t.
1. To endure; to sustain; to bear; as, I can not stand the
cold or the heat.
2. To resist, without yielding or receding; to withstand.
“Love stood the siege.”
He stood the furious foe. --Pope.
3. To abide by; to submit to; to suffer.
Bid him disband his legions, . . .
And stand the judgment of a Roman senate. --Addison.
4. To set upright; to cause to stand; as, to stand a book on
the shelf; to stand a man on his feet.
5. To be at the expense of; to pay for; as, to stand a treat.
To stand fire
, to receive the fire of arms from an enemy
without giving way.
To stand one's ground
, to keep the ground or station one
has taken; to maintain one's position. “Peasants and
burghers, however brave, are unable to stand their ground
against veteran soldiers.”
To stand trial
, to sustain the trial or examination of a
cause; not to give up without trial.