Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To split on a rock (0.00989 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To split on a rock.
English → English
Definition: To split on a rock
, v. i.
1. To part asunder; to be rent; to burst; as, vessels split
by the freezing of water in them.
2. To be broken; to be dashed to pieces.
The ship splits on the rock. --Shak.
3. To separate into parties or factions. [Colloq.]
4. To burst with laughter. [Colloq.]
Each had a gravity would make you split. --Pope.
5. To divulge a secret; to betray confidence; to peach.
6. (Blackjack) To divide one hand of blackjack into two
hands; -- a strategy allowed to a player when the first
two cards dealt to the player have the same value.
7. To leave; to depart (from a place or gathering); as, let's
To split on a rock
, to fail; to to err fatally; to have the
hopes and designs frustrated.