Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To snap back (0.00998 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To snap back.
English → English
Definition: To snap back
, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Snapped
; p. pr. & vb. n.
.] [LG. or D. snappen to snap up, to snatch; akin
to G. schnappen, MHG. snaben, Dan. snappe, and to D. snavel
beak, bill. Cf. Neb
1. To break at once; to break short, as substances that are
Breaks the doors open, snaps the locks. --Prior.
2. To strike, to hit, or to shut, with a sharp sound.
3. To bite or seize suddenly, especially with the teeth.
He, by playing too often at the mouth of death, has
been snapped by it at last. --South.
4. To break upon suddenly with sharp, angry words; to treat
snappishly; -- usually with up. --Granville.
5. To crack; to cause to make a sharp, cracking noise; as, to
snap a whip.
MacMorian snapped his fingers repeatedly. --Sir W.
6. To project with a snap.
7. (Cricket) To catch out sharply (a batsman who has just
snicked a bowled ball).
[Webster 1913 Suppl.]
To snap back
(Football), to roll the ball back with the
foot; -- done only by the center rush, who thus delivers
the ball to the quarter back on his own side when both
sides are ranged in line.
To snap off
(a) To break suddenly.
(b) To bite off suddenly.