Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To slip on (0.00922 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To slip on.
English → English
Definition: To slip on
, v. t.
1. To cause to move smoothly and quickly; to slide; to convey
gently or secretly.
He tried to slip a powder into her drink.
2. To omit; to loose by negligence.
And slip no advantage
That my secure you. --B. Jonson.
3. To cut slips from; to cut; to take off; to make a slip or
slips of; as, to slip a piece of cloth or paper.
The branches also may be slipped and planted.
4. To let loose in pursuit of game, as a greyhound.
Lucento slipped me like his greyhound. --Shak.
5. To cause to slip or slide off, or out of place; as, a
horse slips his bridle; a dog slips his collar.
6. To bring forth (young) prematurely; to slink.
To slip a cable
. (Naut.) See under Cable
To slip off
, to take off quickly; as, to slip off a coat.
To slip on
, to put on in haste or loosely; as, to slip on a
gown or coat.