Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To run the hazard (0.00761 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To run the hazard.
English → English
Definition: To run the hazard
(h[a^]z"[~e]rd), n. [F. hasard, Sp. azar an
unforeseen disaster or accident, an unfortunate card or throw
at dice, prob. fr. Ar. zahr, z[=a]r, a die, which, with the
article al the, would give azzahr, azz[=a]r.]
1. A game of chance played with dice. --Chaucer.
2. The uncertain result of throwing a die; hence, a
fortuitous event; chance; accident; casualty.
I will stand the hazard of the die. --Shak.
3. Risk; danger; peril; as, he encountered the enemy at the
hazard of his reputation and life.
Men are led on from one stage of life to another in
a condition of the utmost hazard. --Rogers.
4. (Billiards) Holing a ball, whether the object ball
(winning hazard) or the player's ball (losing hazard).
5. Anything that is hazarded or risked, as the stakes in
gaming. “Your latter hazard.”
6. (Golf) Any place into which the ball may not be safely
played, such as bunkers, furze, water, sand, or other kind
of bad ground.
[Webster 1913 Suppl.]
, a table on which hazard is played, or any
game of chance for stakes.
To run the hazard
, to take the chance or risk.
Syn: Danger; risk; chance. See Danger