Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To roll the eye (0.01785 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To roll the eye.
English → English
Definition: To roll the eye
, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Rolled
; p. pr. & vb. n.
.] [OF. roeler, roler, F. rouler, LL. rotulare, fr.
L. royulus, rotula, a little wheel, dim. of rota wheel; akin
to G. rad, and to Skr. ratha car, chariot. Cf. Control
, n., Rotary
1. To cause to revolve by turning over and over; to move by
turning on an axis; to impel forward by causing to turn
over and over on a supporting surface; as, to roll a
wheel, a ball, or a barrel.
2. To wrap round on itself; to form into a spherical or
cylindrical body by causing to turn over and over; as, to
roll a sheet of paper; to roll parchment; to roll clay or
putty into a ball.
3. To bind or involve by winding, as in a bandage; to inwrap;
-- often with up; as, to roll up a parcel.
4. To drive or impel forward with an easy motion, as of
rolling; as, a river rolls its waters to the ocean.
The flood of Catholic reaction was rolled over
Europe. --J. A.
5. To utter copiously, esp. with sounding words; to utter
with a deep sound; -- often with forth, or out; as, to
roll forth some one's praises; to roll out sentences.
Who roll'd the psalm to wintry skies. --Tennyson.
6. To press or level with a roller; to spread or form with a
roll, roller, or rollers; as, to roll a field; to roll
paste; to roll steel rails, etc.
7. To move, or cause to be moved, upon, or by means of,
rollers or small wheels.
8. To beat with rapid, continuous strokes, as a drum; to
sound a roll upon.
9. (Geom.) To apply (one line or surface) to another without
slipping; to bring all the parts of (one line or surface)
into successive contact with another, in suck manner that
at every instant the parts that have been in contact are
10. To turn over in one's mind; to revolve.
Full oft in heart he rolleth up and down
The beauty of these florins new and bright.
To roll one's self
, to wallow.
To roll the eye
, to direct its axis hither and thither in
To roll one's r's
, to utter the letter r with a trill.