Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To roll about(0.00815 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To roll about.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: To roll about
Roll \Roll\, v. i.
1. To move, as a curved object may, along a surface by
rotation without sliding; to revolve upon an axis; to turn
over and over; as, a ball or wheel rolls on the earth; a
body rolls on an inclined plane.
And her foot, look you, is fixed upon a spherical
stone, which rolls, and rolls, and rolls. --Shak.
2. To move on wheels; as, the carriage rolls along the
street. “The rolling chair.” --Dryden.
3. To be wound or formed into a cylinder or ball; as, the
cloth rolls unevenly; the snow rolls well.
4. To fall or tumble; -- with over; as, a stream rolls over a
5. To perform a periodical revolution; to move onward as with
a revolution; as, the rolling year; ages roll away.
6. To turn; to move circularly.
And his red eyeballs roll with living fire.
7. To move, as waves or billows, with alternate swell and
What different sorrows did within thee roll.
8. To incline first to one side, then to the other; to rock;
as, there is a great difference in ships about rolling; in
a general semse, to be tossed about.
Twice ten tempestuous nights I rolled. --Pope.
9. To turn over, or from side to side, while lying down; to
wallow; as, a horse rolls.
10. To spread under a roller or rolling-pin; as, the paste
11. To beat a drum with strokes so rapid that they can
scarcely be distinguished by the ear.
12. To make a loud or heavy rumbling noise; as, the thunder
To roll about, to gad abroad. [Obs.]
Man shall not suffer his wife go roll about.