Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To ring the changes on(0.00930 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To ring the changes on.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: To ring the changes on
Change \Change\, n. [F. change, fr. changer. See Change. v.
1. Any variation or alteration; a passing from one state or
form to another; as, a change of countenance; a change of
habits or principles.
Apprehensions of a change of dynasty. --Hallam.
All the days of my appointed time will I wait, till
my change come. --Job xiv. 14.
2. A succesion or substitution of one thing in the place of
another; a difference; novelty; variety; as, a change of
Our fathers did for change to France repair.
The ringing grooves of change. --Tennyson.
3. A passing from one phase to another; as, a change of the
4. Alteration in the order of a series; permutation.
5. That which makes a variety, or may be substituted for
Thirty change (R.V. changes) of garments. --Judg.
6. Small money; the money by means of which the larger coins
and bank bills are made available in small dealings;
hence, the balance returned when payment is tendered by a
coin or note exceeding the sum due.
7. [See Exchange.] A place where merchants and others meet
to transact business; a building appropriated for
mercantile transactions. [Colloq. for Exchange.]
8. A public house; an alehouse. [Scot.]
They call an alehouse a change. --Burt.
9. (Mus.) Any order in which a number of bells are struck,
other than that of the diatonic scale.
Four bells admit twenty-four changes in ringing.
Change of life, the period in the life of a woman when
menstruation and the capacity for conception cease,
usually occurring between forty-five and fifty years of
Change ringing, the continual production, without
repetition, of changes on bells, See def. 9. above.
Change wheel (Mech.), one of a set of wheels of different
sizes and number of teeth, that may be changed or
substituted one for another in machinery, to produce a
different but definite rate of angular velocity in an
axis, as in cutting screws, gear, etc.
To ring the changes on, to present the same facts or
arguments in variety of ways.
Syn: Variety; variation; alteration; mutation; transition;
vicissitude; innovation; novelty; transmutation;