Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To read between the lines (0.01046 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To read between the lines.
English → English
Definition: To read between the lines
, v. i.
1. To give advice or counsel. [Obs.]
2. To tell; to declare. [Obs.] --Spenser.
3. To perform the act of reading; to peruse, or to go over
and utter aloud, the words of a book or other like
So they read in the book of the law of God
distinctly, and gave the sense. --Neh. viii.
4. To study by reading; as, he read for the bar.
5. To learn by reading.
I have read of an Eastern king who put a judge to
death for an iniquitous sentence. --Swift.
6. To appear in writing or print; to be expressed by, or
consist of, certain words or characters; as, the passage
reads thus in the early manuscripts.
7. To produce a certain effect when read; as, that sentence
To read between the lines
, to infer something different
from what is plainly indicated; to detect the real meaning
as distinguished from the apparent meaning.