Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To play hob(0.01497 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To play hob.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: To play hob
Play \Play\, v. t.
1. To put in action or motion; as, to play cannon upon a
fortification; to play a trump.
First Peace and Silence all disputes control,
Then Order plays the soul. --Herbert.
2. To perform music upon; as, to play the flute or the organ.
3. To perform, as a piece of music, on an instrument; as, to
play a waltz on the violin.
4. To bring into sportive or wanton action; to exhibit in
action; to execute; as, to play tricks.
Wantoned as in her prime, and played at will
Her virgin fancies. --Milton.
5. To act or perform (a play); to represent in music action;
as, to play a comedy; also, to act in the character of; to
represent by acting; to simulate; to behave like; as, to
play King Lear; to play the woman.
Thou canst play the rational if thou wilt. --Sir W.
6. To engage in, or go together with, as a contest for
amusement or for a wager or prize; as, to play a game at
7. To keep in play, as a hooked fish, in order to land it.
To play hob, to play the part of a mischievous spirit; to
To play off, to display; to show; to put in exercise; as,
to play off tricks.
To play one's cards, to manage one's means or
opportunities; to contrive.
Played out, tired out; exhausted; at the end of one's