Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To part company(0.00972 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To part company.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: To part company
Part \Part\ (p[aum]rt), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Parted; p. pr. &
vb. n. Parting.] [F. partir, L. partire, partiri, p. p.
partitus, fr. pars, gen. partis, a part. See Part, n.]
1. To divide; to separate into distinct parts; to break into
two or more parts or pieces; to sever. “Thou shalt part
it in pieces.” --Lev. ii. 6.
There, [celestial love] parted into rainbow hues.
2. To divide into shares; to divide and distribute; to allot;
to apportion; to share.
To part his throne, and share his heaven with thee.
They parted my raiment among them. --John xix.
3. To separate or disunite; to cause to go apart; to remove
from contact or contiguity; to sunder.
The Lord do so to me, and more also, if aught but
death part thee and me. --Ruth i. 17.
While he blessed them, he was parted from them, and
carried up into heaven. --Luke xxiv.
The narrow seas that part
The French and English. --Shak.
4. Hence: To hold apart; to stand between; to intervene
betwixt, as combatants.
The stumbling night did part our weary powers.
5. To separate by a process of extraction, elimination, or
secretion; as, to part gold from silver.
The liver minds his own affair, . . .
And parts and strains the vital juices. --Prior.
6. To leave; to quit. [Obs.]
Since presently your souls must part your bodies.
7. To separate (a collection of objects) into smaller
collections; as, to part one's hair in the middle.
To part a cable (Naut.), to break it.
To part company, to separate, as travelers or companions.