Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To make nice of(0.01213 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To make nice of.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: To make nice of
Nice \Nice\ (n[imac]s), a. [Compar. Nicer (n[imac]"s[~e]r);
superl. Nicest.] [OE., foolish, fr. OF. nice ignorant,
fool, fr. L. nescius ignorant; ne not + scius knowing, scire
to know. Perhaps influenced by E. nesh delicate, soft. See
No, and Science.]
1. Foolish; silly; simple; ignorant; also, weak; effeminate.
But say that we ben wise and nothing nice.
2. Of trifling moment; unimportant; trivial. [Obs.]
The letter was not nice, but full of charge
Of dear import. --Shak.
3. Overscrupulous or exacting; hard to please or satisfy;
fastidious in small matters.
Curious not knowing, not exact but nice. --Pope.
And to taste
Think not I shall be nice. --Milton.
4. Delicate; refined; dainty; pure.
Dear love, continue nice and chaste. --Donne.
A nice and subtile happiness. --Milton.
5. Apprehending slight differences or delicate distinctions;
distinguishing accurately or minutely; carefully
discriminating; as, a nice taste or judgment. “Our author
happy in a judge so nice.” --Pope. “Nice verbal
6. Done or made with careful labor; suited to excite
admiration on account of exactness; evidencing great
skill; exact; fine; finished; as, nice proportions, nice
workmanship, a nice application; exactly or fastidiously
discriminated; requiring close discrimination; as, a nice
point of law, a nice distinction in philosophy.
The difference is too nice
Where ends the virtue, or begins the vice. --Pope.
7. Pleasing; agreeable; gratifying; delightful; good; as, a
nice party; a nice excursion; a nice day; a nice sauce,
etc. [Loosely & Colloquially]
8. Pleasant; kind; as, a nice person.
9. Hence: Well-mannered; well-behaved; as, nice children.
He's making a list, checking it twice.
Gonna find out who's naughty or nice
Santa Claus is coming to town. --Song.
To make nice of, to be scrupulous about. [Obs.] --Shak.
Syn: Dainty; delicate; exquisite; fine; accurate; exact;
correct; precise; particular; pleasant; kind;
scrupulous; punctilious; fastidious; squeamish; finical;
effeminate; silly; well-mannered; well-behaved.