Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To lose the fang(0.01108 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To lose the fang.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: To lose the fang
Fang \Fang\, n. [From Fang, v. t.; cf. AS. fang a taking,
booty, G. fang.]
1. (Zo["o]l.) The tusk of an animal, by which the prey is
seized and held or torn; a long pointed tooth; esp., one
of the usually erectile, venomous teeth of serpents. Also,
one of the falcers of a spider.
Since I am a dog, beware my fangs. --Shak.
2. Any shoot or other thing by which hold is taken.
The protuberant fangs of the yucca. --Evelyn.
3. (Anat.) The root, or one of the branches of the root, of a
tooth. See Tooth.
4. (Mining) A niche in the side of an adit or shaft, for an
air course. --Knight.
5. (Mech.) A projecting tooth or prong, as in a part of a
lock, or the plate of a belt clamp, or the end of a tool,
as a chisel, where it enters the handle.
(a) The valve of a pump box.
(b) A bend or loop of a rope.
In a fang, fast entangled.
To lose the fang, said of a pump when the water has gone
To fang a pump, to supply it with the water necessary to
make it operate. [Scot.]