Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To have under the girdle (0.00734 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To have under the girdle.
English → English
Definition: To have under the girdle
, n. [OE. gurdel, girdel, AS. gyrdel, fr.
gyrdan; akin to D. gordel, G. g["u]rtel, Icel. gyr?ill. See
, v. t., to encircle, and cf. Girth
1. That which girds, encircles, or incloses; a circumference;
a belt; esp., a belt, sash, or article of dress encircling
the body usually at the waist; a cestus.
Within the girdle of these walls. --Shak.
Their breasts girded with golden girdles. --Rev. xv.
2. The zodiac; also, the equator. [Poetic] --Bacon.
From the world's girdle to the frozen pole.
That gems the starry girdle of the year. --Campbell.
3. (Jewelry) The line ofgreatest circumference of a
brilliant-cut diamond, at which it is grasped by the
setting. See Illust. of Brilliant
4. (Mining) A thin bed or stratum of stone. --Raymond.
5. (Zo["o]l.) The clitellus of an earthworm.
(Anat.), the sphenethmoid. See under
, a spinning wheel.
(Zo["o]l.), a ctenophore. See Venus's girdle
, & Pelvic
. (Anat.) See
, and Pelvic
To have under the girdle
, to have bound to one, that is, in