Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To give one the bag (0.01669 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To give one the bag.
English → English
Definition: To give one the bag
(b[a^]g), n. [OE. bagge; cf. Icel. baggi, and also OF.
bague, bundle, LL. baga.]
1. A sack or pouch, used for holding anything; as, a bag of
meal or of money.
2. A sac, or dependent gland, in animal bodies, containing
some fluid or other substance; as, the bag of poison in
the mouth of some serpents; the bag of a cow.
3. A sort of silken purse formerly tied about men's hair
behind, by way of ornament. [Obs.]
4. The quantity of game bagged.
5. (Com.) A certain quantity of a commodity, such as it is
customary to carry to market in a sack; as, a bag of
pepper or hops; a bag of coffee.
Bag and baggage
, all that belongs to one.
To give one the bag
, to disappoint him. [Obs.] --Bunyan.