Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To drop down(0.01447 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To drop down.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: To drop down
Drop \Drop\, v. i.
1. To fall in drops.
The kindly dew drops from the higher tree,
And wets the little plants that lowly dwell.
2. To fall, in general, literally or figuratively; as, ripe
fruit drops from a tree; wise words drop from the lips.
Mutilations of which the meaning has dropped out of
memory. --H. Spencer.
When the sound of dropping nuts is heard. --Bryant.
3. To let drops fall; to discharge itself in drops.
The heavens . . . dropped at the presence of God.
4. To fall dead, or to fall in death; as, dropping like
Nothing, says Seneca, so soon reconciles us to the
thoughts of our own death, as the prospect of one
friend after another dropping round us. --Digby.
5. To come to an end; to cease; to pass out of mind; as, the
affair dropped. --Pope.
6. To come unexpectedly; -- with in or into; as, my old
friend dropped in a moment. --Steele.
Takes care to drop in when he thinks you are just
7. To fall or be depressed; to lower; as, the point of the
spear dropped a little.
8. To fall short of a mark. [R.]
Often it drops or overshoots by the disproportion of
9. To be deep in extent; to descend perpendicularly; as, her
main topsail drops seventeen yards.
To drop astern (Naut.), to go astern of another vessel; to
be left behind; to slacken the speed of a vessel so as to
fall behind and to let another pass a head.
To drop down (Naut.), to sail, row, or move down a river,
or toward the sea.
To drop off, to fall asleep gently; also, to die. [Colloq.]