Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To dish up (0.01096 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To dish up.
English → English
Definition: To dish up
, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Dished
; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To put in a dish, ready for the table.
2. To make concave, or depress in the middle, like a dish;
as, to dish a wheel by inclining the spokes.
3. To frustrate; to beat; to ruin. [Low]
4. to talk about (a person) in a disparaging manner; to
gossip about (a person); as, the secretaries spent their
break time dishing the newest employee. [slang]
To dish out
1. To serve out of a dish; to distribute in portions at
2. (Arch.) To hollow out, as a gutter in stone or wood.
2. to dispense freely; -- also used figuratively; as, to dish
out punishment; to dish out abuse or insult.
To dish up
, to take (food) from the oven, pots, etc., and
put in dishes to be served at table.