Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To cut in (0.01129 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To cut in.
English → English
Definition: To cut in
(k[u^]t), v. i.
1. To do the work of an edged tool; to serve in dividing or
gashing; as, a knife cuts well.
2. To admit of incision or severance; to yield to a cutting
Panels of white wood that cuts like cheese.
3. To perform the operation of dividing, severing, incising,
intersecting, etc.; to use a cutting instrument.
He saved the lives of thousands by his manner of
cutting for the stone. --Pope.
4. To make a stroke with a whip.
5. To interfere, as a horse.
6. To move or make off quickly. [Colloq.]
7. To divide a pack of cards into two portion to decide the
deal or trump, or to change the order of the cards to be
To cut across
, to pass over or through in the most direct
way; as, to cut across a field.
To cut and run
, to make off suddenly and quickly; -- from
the cutting of a ship's cable, when there is not time to
raise the anchor. [Colloq.]
To cut in
or To cut into
, to interrupt; to join in
To cut up
(a) To play pranks. [Colloq.]
(b) To divide into portions well or ill; to have the
property left at one's death turn out well or poorly
when divided among heirs, legatees, etc. [Slang.]
“When I die, may I cut up as well as Morgan