Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To couch malt (0.00892 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To couch malt.
English → English
Definition: To couch malt
(kouch), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Couched
p. pr. & vb. n. Couching
.] [F. coucher to lay down, lie
down, OF. colchier, fr. L. collocare to lay, put, place; col-
+ locare to place, fr. locus place. See Locus
1. To lay upon a bed or other resting place.
Where unbruised youth, with unstuffed brain,
Does couch his limbs, there golden sleep doth reign.
2. To arrange or dispose as in a bed; -- sometimes followed
by the reflexive pronoun.
The waters couch themselves as may be to the center
of this globe, in a spherical convexity. --T.
3. To lay or deposit in a bed or layer; to bed.
It is at this day in use at Gaza, to couch
potsherds, or vessels of earth, in their walls.
4. (Paper Making) To transfer (as sheets of partly dried
pulp) from the wire cloth mold to a felt blanket, for
5. To conceal; to include or involve darkly.
There is all this, and more, that lies naturally
couched under this allegory. --L'Estrange.
6. To arrange; to place; to inlay. [Obs.] --Chaucer.
7. To put into some form of language; to express; to phrase;
-- used with in and under.
A well-couched invective. --Milton.
I had received a letter from Flora couched in rather
cool terms. --Blackw. Mag.
8. (Med.) To treat by pushing down or displacing the opaque
lens with a needle; as, to couch a cataract.
To couch a spear
or To couch a lance
, to lower to the
position of attack; to place in rest.
He stooped his head, and couched his spear,
And spurred his steed to full career. --Sir W.
To couch malt
, to spread malt on a floor. --Mortimer.