Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: To hand down(0.01471 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to To hand down.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: To hand down
Hand \Hand\ (h[a^]nd), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Handed; p. pr. &
vb. n. Handing.]
1. To give, pass, or transmit with the hand; as, he handed
them the letter.
2. To lead, guide, or assist with the hand; to conduct; as,
to hand a lady into a carriage.
3. To manage; as, I hand my oar. [Obs.] --Prior.
4. To seize; to lay hands on. [Obs.] --Shak.
5. To pledge by the hand; to handfast. [R.]
6. (Naut.) To furl; -- said of a sail. --Totten.
To hand down, to transmit in succession, as from father to
son, or from predecessor to successor; as, fables are
handed down from age to age; to forward to the proper
officer (the decision of a higher court); as, the Clerk of
the Court of Appeals handed down its decision.
To hand over, to yield control of; to surrender; to deliver