Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: The shakes(0.01293 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to The shakes.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: The shakes
Shake \Shake\, n.
1. The act or result of shaking; a vacillating or wavering
motion; a rapid motion one way and other; a trembling,
quaking, or shivering; agitation.
The great soldier's honor was composed
Of thicker stuff, which could endure a shake.
Our salutations were very hearty on both sides,
consisting of many kind shakes of the hand.
2. A fissure or crack in timber, caused by its being dried
too suddenly. --Gwilt.
3. A fissure in rock or earth.
4. (Mus.) A rapid alternation of a principal tone with
another represented on the next degree of the staff above
or below it; a trill.
5. (Naut.) One of the staves of a hogshead or barrel taken
6. A shook of staves and headings. --Knight.
7. (Zo["o]l.) The redshank; -- so called from the nodding of
its head while on the ground. [Prov. Eng.]
No great shakes, of no great importance. [Slang] --Byron.
The shakes, the fever and ague. [Colloq. U.S.]