Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Terrace epoch(0.00952 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Terrace epoch.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Terrace epoch
Terrace \Ter"race\, n. [F. terrasse (cf. Sp. terraza, It.
terrazza), fr. L. terra the earth, probably for tersa,
originally meaning, dry land, and akin to torrere to parch,
E. torrid, and thirst. See Thirst, and cf. Fumitory,
Inter, v., Patterre, Terrier, Trass, Tureen,
1. A raised level space, shelf, or platform of earth,
supported on one or more sides by a wall, a bank of tuft,
or the like, whether designed for use or pleasure.
2. A balcony, especially a large and uncovered one.
3. A flat roof to a house; as, the buildings of the Oriental
nations are covered with terraces.
4. A street, or a row of houses, on a bank or the side of a
hill; hence, any street, or row of houses.
5. (Geol.) A level plain, usually with a steep front,
bordering a river, a lake, or sometimes the sea.
Note: Many rivers are bordered by a series of terraces at
different levels, indicating the flood plains at
successive periods in their history.
Terrace epoch. (Geol.) See Drift epoch, under Drift, a.