Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Tenaciousness(0.01093 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Tenaciousness.
English → English (WordNet)
n : persistent determination [syn: doggedness, perseverance,
persistence, persistency, tenacity, pertinacity]
English → English (gcide)
Tenacious \Te*na"cious\, a. [L. tenax, -acis, from tenere to
hold. See Tenable, and cf. Tenace.]
1. Holding fast, or inclined to hold fast; inclined to retain
what is in possession; as, men tenacious of their just
2. Apt to retain; retentive; as, a tenacious memory.
3. Having parts apt to adhere to each other; cohesive; tough;
as, steel is a tenacious metal; tar is more tenacious than
oil. --Sir I. Newton.
4. Apt to adhere to another substance; glutinous; viscous;
sticking; adhesive. “Female feet, too weak to struggle
with tenacious clay.” --Cowper.
5. Niggardly; closefisted; miserly. --Ainsworth.
6. Holding stoutly to one's opinion or purpose; obstinate;
[1913 Webster] -- Te*na"cious*ly, adv. --