Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Target(0.00949 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Target.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: a reference point to shoot at; “his arrow hit the mark”
2: a person who is the aim of an attack (especially a victim of
ridicule or exploitation) by some hostile person or
influence; “he fell prey to muggers”; “everyone was fair
game”; “the target of a manhunt” [syn: prey, quarry, fair game
3: the location of the target that is to be hit [syn: target area
4: sports equipment consisting of an object set up for a
marksman or archer to aim at [syn: butt]
5: the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to
be attainable); “the sole object of her trip was to see
her children” [syn: aim, object, objective]
v : intend (something) to move towards a certain goal; “He aimed
his fists towards his opponent's face”; “criticism
directed at her superior”; “direct your anger towards
others, not towards yourself” [syn: aim, place, direct,
English → English (gcide)
Target \Tar"get\, n. [OF. targette, dim. of OF. & F. targe, of
Teutonic origin; cf. AS. targe, OD. targie, G. zarge a frame,
case, border, OHG. zarga, Icel. targa shield.]
1. A kind of small shield or buckler, used as a defensive
weapon in war.
(a) A butt or mark to shoot at, as for practice, or to
test the accuracy of a firearm, or the force of a
(b) The pattern or arrangement of a series of hits made by
a marksman on a butt or mark; as, he made a good
3. (Surveying) The sliding crosspiece, or vane, on a leveling
4. (Railroad) A conspicuous disk attached to a switch lever
to show its position, or for use as a signal.
5. A thin cut; a slice; specif., of lamb, a piece consisting
of the neck and breast joints. [Eng.]
[Webster 1913 Suppl.]
6. A tassel or pendent; also, a shred; tatter. [Obs. Scot.]
[Webster 1913 Suppl.]
7. A goal for an activity; as, the target of this year's
fundraising drive is 2 million dollars.
8. A metallic object toward which a beam of electrons is
aimed in a tube designed to generate X-rays; when the
electrons strike the target, the impact causes emission of
9. Any object toward which a beam of photons, a laser beam,
an electron beam, or a beam of atomic or subatomic
particles is aimed.
10. A person who is the subject of criticism or ridicule.