Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Sweep of the tiller(0.00963 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Sweep of the tiller.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Sweep of the tiller
Sweep \Sweep\, n.
1. The act of sweeping.
2. The compass or range of a stroke; as, a long sweep.
3. The compass of any turning body or of any motion; as, the
sweep of a door; the sweep of the eye.
4. The compass of anything flowing or brushing; as, the flood
carried away everything within its sweep.
5. Violent and general destruction; as, the sweep of an
6. Direction and extent of any motion not rectlinear; as, the
sweep of a compass.
7. Direction or departure of a curve, a road, an arch, or the
like, away from a rectlinear line.
The road which makes a small sweep. --Sir W.
8. One who sweeps; a sweeper; specifically, a chimney
9. (Founding) A movable templet for making molds, in loam
(a) The mold of a ship when she begins to curve in at the
rungheads; any part of a ship shaped in a segment of
(b) A large oar used in small vessels, partly to propel
them and partly to steer them.
11. (Refining) The almond furnace. [Obs.]
12. A long pole, or piece of timber, moved on a horizontal
fulcrum fixed to a tall post and used to raise and lower
a bucket in a well for drawing water. [Variously written
swape, sweep, swepe, and swipe.]
13. (Card Playing) In the game of casino, a pairing or
combining of all the cards on the board, and so removing
them all; in whist, the winning of all the tricks
(thirteen) in a hand; a slam.
14. pl. The sweeping of workshops where precious metals are
worked, containing filings, etc.
Sweep net, a net for drawing over a large compass.
Sweep of the tiller (Naut.), a circular frame on which the