Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Surd(0.01308 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Surd.
English → English (WordNet)
adj : of speech sounds [syn: voiceless, unvoiced] [ant: sonant]
n : a consonant produced without sound from the vocal cords
[syn: voiceless consonant]
English → English (gcide)
Surd \Surd\, n. (Math.)
1. A quantity which can not be expressed by rational numbers;
thus, [root]2 is a surd.
2. (Phon.) A surd element of speech. See Surd, a., 4.
Surd \Surd\, a. [L. surdus deaf (whence the meaning, deaf to
reason, irrational), perhaps akin to E. swart. Cf.
1. Net having the sense of hearing; deaf. [Obs.] “A surd . .
. generation.” --Sir T. Browne.
2. Unheard. [Obs.] --Kenrick.
3. (Math.) Involving surds; not capable of being expressed in
rational numbers; radical; irrational; as, a surd
expression or quantity; a surd number.
4. (Phonetics) Uttered, as an element of speech, without
tone, or proper vocal sound; voiceless; unintonated;
nonvocal; atonic; whispered; aspirated; sharp; hard, as f,
p, s, etc.; -- opposed to sonant. See Guide to
Pronunciation, [sect][sect]169, 179, 180.