Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Stuff gown(0.01118 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Stuff gown.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Stuff gown
Stuff \Stuff\, n. [OF. estoffe, F. ['e]toffe; of uncertain
origin, perhaps of Teutonic origin and akin to E. stop, v.t.
Cf. Stuff, v. t.]
1. Material which is to be worked up in any process of
For the stuff they had was sufficient for all the
work to make it, and too much. --Ex. xxxvi.
Ambitions should be made of sterner stuff. --Shak.
The workman on his stuff his skill doth show,
And yet the stuff gives not the man his skill. --Sir
2. The fundamental material of which anything is made up;
elemental part; essence.
Yet do I hold it very stuff o' the conscience
To do no contrived murder. --Shak.
3. Woven material not made into garments; fabric of any kind;
specifically, any one of various fabrics of wool or
worsted; sometimes, worsted fiber.
What stuff wilt have a kirtle of? --Shak.
It [the arras] was of stuff and silk mixed, though,
superior kinds were of silk exclusively. --F. G.
4. Furniture; goods; domestic vessels or utensils.
He took away locks, and gave away the king's stuff.
5. A medicine or mixture; a potion. --Shak.
6. Refuse or worthless matter; hence, also, foolish or
irrational language; nonsense; trash.
Anger would indite
Such woeful stuff as I or Shadwell write. --Dryden.
7. (Naut.) A melted mass of turpentine, tallow, etc., with
which the masts, sides, and bottom of a ship are smeared
for lubrication. --Ham. Nav.
8. Paper stock ground ready for use.
Note: When partly ground, called half stuff. --Knight.
Clear stuff. See under Clear.
Small stuff (Naut.), all kinds of small cordage. --Ham.
Stuff gown, the distinctive garb of a junior barrister;
hence, a junior barrister himself. See Silk gown, under