Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Studiousness(0.01300 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Studiousness.
English → English (WordNet)
n : diligent study
English → English (gcide)
Studious \Stu"di*ous\, a. [L. studious: cf. F. studieux. See
1. Given to study; devoted to the acquisition of knowledge
from books; as, a studious scholar.
2. Given to thought, or to the examination of subjects by
contemplation; contemplative. --Locke.
3. Earnest in endeavors; aiming sedulously; attentive;
observant; diligent; -- usually followed by an infinitive
or by of; as, be studious to please; studious to find new
friends and allies.
You that are so studious
Of my affairs, wholly neglect your own. --Massinger.
4. Planned with study; deliberate; studied.
For the frigid villainy of studious lewdness, . . .
with apology can be invented? --Rambler.
5. Favorable to study; suitable for thought and
contemplation; as, the studious shade. [Poetic]
But let my due feet never fail
To walk the studious cloister's pale. --Milton.
[1913 Webster] -- Stu"di*ous*ly, adv. --