Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Stang (0.03182 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Stang.
English → English
imp. of Sting
, n. [OE. stange, of Scand. or Dutch origin; cf.
Icel. st["o]ng, akin to Dan. stang, Sw. st[*a]ng, D. stang,
G. stange, OHG. stanga, AS. steng; from the root of E.
1. A long bar; a pole; a shaft; a stake.
2. In land measure, a pole, rod, or perch. [Obs. or Prov.
, a projectile consisting of two half balls
united by a bar; a bar shot. See Illust. of Bar shot
To ride the stang
, to be carried on a pole on men's
shoulders. This method of punishing wife beaters, etc.,
was once in vogue in some parts of England.
, v. i. [Akin to sting; cf. Icel. stanga to prick,
To shoot with pain. [Prov. Eng.]
, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Stung
pr. & vb. n. Stinging
.] [AS. stingan; akin to Icel. & Sw.
stinga, Dan. stinge, and probably to E. stick, v.t.; cf.
Goth. usstiggan to put out, pluck out. Cf. Stick
, v. t.]
1. To pierce or wound with a sting; as, bees will sting an
animal that irritates them; the nettles stung his hands.
2. To pain acutely; as, the conscience is stung with remorse;
to bite. “Slander stings the brave.”
3. To goad; to incite, as by taunts or reproaches.