Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Squire(0.00997 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Squire.
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: young nobleman attendant on a knight
2: an English country landowner
3: a man who attends or escorts a woman [syn: gallant]
v : attend upon as a squire; serve as a squire
English → English (gcide)
Squire \Squire\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. squired (skw[imac]rd); p.
pr. & vb. n. squiring.]
1. To attend as a squire. --Chaucer.
2. To attend as a beau, or gallant, for aid and protection;
as, to squire a lady. [Colloq.] --Goldsmith.
Squire \Squire\ (skw[imac]r), n. [OF. esquierre, F. ['e]querre.
See Square, n.]
A square; a measure; a rule. [Obs.] “With golden squire.”
Squire \Squire\, n. [Aphetic form of esquire.]
1. A shield-bearer or armor-bearer who attended a knight.
2. A title of dignity next in degree below knight, and above
gentleman. See Esquire. [Eng.] “His privy knights and
3. A male attendant on a great personage; also (Colloq.), a
devoted attendant or follower of a lady; a beau.
4. A title of office and courtesy. See under Esquire.